My Turn To Host the Blogging Boomers Carnival
Carnivals always make me think of the words ‘circle’ and ’round,’ perhaps because I associate a carnival with Ferris wheels, merry-go-rounds, and Tilt-A-Whirls. Though not a real carnival, the Blogging Boomers Carnival in which I participate each week is also a circle of sorts; it’s a ring of bloggers who share a common interest (in this case we’re all baby boomers) and band together to cross-promote one another. Each week one of us plays ‘host’ by providing a brief summary of recent posts from our fellow bloggers. This week our little group has come full circle and its my turn to host. Check out the following summary of intriguing and eclectic issues being discussed by our members and click on the links to view the entire article:
- Unconscious doubt and worry often foil people’s actions. That is why boomers facing the funding of their retirement years want to know why the rally of 2009 is a bear market rally and not the beginning of a new bull market.
- Table manners, or lack thereof, can kill a romance before it gets started writes LifeTwo contributor The Dating Goddess.
- If Fashion’s new military jacket has made you stand up at attention, but also left you scratching your head as to whether a boomer gal can really wear it, then check out what the Glam Gals have to say about this stylish fall trend at Fabulous after 40.
- At Writing Without Periods, author Jennifer Archer talks about her most bizarre research experience, which occurred when she was writing a book about a drag queen.
- Do you have too much stuff? If you do and it’s making you feel uncomfortable or uneasy, head over to Contemporary Retirement and find out why.
Happy reading everyone!