If you sell travel-related products or services and are considering entering into the world of blog advertising, please consider adding Hole in the Donut Cultural Travel to your mix. When compared with the entire Blogosphere, Hole In The Donut has:
- Google Page Rank of 4
- Page Authority 59; Domain Authority 51
- Alexa ranking of approximately 68,000 worldwide
- Per Google Analytics, Hole In The Donut receives an average of 24,500 visitors per month and 50,000 page views per month.
- While numbers fluctuate on a day-to-day basis, approximately 2,100 readers have subscribed to Hole In The Donut via either rss feed or have opted to receive an email each time a new post is published.
- Currently the blog has 10,054 followers on Twitter, 3,408 followers on Hole In The Donut Facebook Page, is included in 10,062 Google+ circles, and 1,018 connections on LinkedIn.
For more specifics about the demographic breakdown of my traffic and case studies of Google ranking that have resulted from sponsorships and/or press trips, please refer to my Media Kit. Click on the image below, tell me who you are and the company you represent, and I will send you a copy via email:
Hole In The Donut is actively promoted through the following activities:
- High quality, original content that appears on a consistent basis
- Solicitation for rss subscribers and subscribers who receive notice of new posts via email
- Accounts with Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, and Bing Webmaster
- Blog posts featured on social networking sites including StumbleUpon, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and a YouTube channel that features original content produced by the author.
- Guest posts on other high quality, high traffic travel-related sites
Hole In The Donut Cultural Travel is well-respected among its peers and highly ranked by services that track the top independent travel blogs:
- BlogRank includes Hole In The Donut among the top 100 in their overall travel blog category
- Named one of the top three most influential travel blogs by Konnector
- Listed as one of the “Most Influential Travel Bloggers” by Mapo
- Included on Brendan van Son’s list of Top 100 Independent Travel Blogs
- Listed on Nomadic Samuel’s “Top 100 Travel Blogs” list
- Included in the prestigious list of the top websites at Washington Flyer’s Best Travel Blogs of 2011
- Included on The Expeditioner Online Magazine‘s list of the top fifty travel blogs, ranked by visitor traffic
Accolades and Awards:
Hole In The Donut is a favorite of more than just the search engines. In 2011, TripBase named it Best North/South America travel blog and it was one of the five finalists for Top Travel Blog in the 2011 Eleventh Annual Weblog Awards (Bloggies). The site is consistently ranked on Brendan van Son’s list of Top 100 Independent Travel Blogs and the travel category at BlogRank. Barbara Weibel’s travel expertise and story have also been featured on ABC News, AFAR Magazine, Travel+Escape, on the Career Clinic and Travel Planners live radio broadcasts, and in podcasts on Briefcase To Backpack.com and IAG Blog Podcasts sites.
Advertising on Hole In The Donut is available in the following forms:
- Banner ads/widgets on the right-hand sidebar, in a size not to exceed 250 px X 200 px, are priced at $75 per month or $750 per year, with a minimum term of 6 months required (larger banner ads can be custom quoted)
- Banner ads/widgets that always appear at the bottom of one of the six posts on the home page, in a size not to exceed 500 px X 250 px, are priced at $75 per month or $750 per year, with a minimum term of six months
- Banner ads/widgets at the bottom of a single post, in a size not to exceed 500 px X 200 px, are priced at $35 per month or $350 per year, with a minimum term of six months
- Advertisements are available on individual posts. I retain all editorial control of the content – the posts themselves aren’t for sale and I don’t allow advertorials, however if your product, service, or company is a good match for Hole In The Donut Cultural Travel, you can let my readers know about it with a small paragraph (up to three lines long with one link) at the bottom of an upcoming or past article on the site. The price is $200 per year. You may also choose to have your blurb always appear on the bottom of one of the six posts that are displayed on the home page. The price for this is $50 per month or $500 per year, with a minimum term of six months. Please note: in either case, these are not SEO text link ads. In order to be in compliance with Google’s terms of service regarding advertising, the anchor text for your linkback must be the name of your company or website.
- A custom banner area is available in the footer of the blog is available for $100 per month, with no minimum term requirement. Size cannot exceed 960 px in width, but height is customizable.
- Hole In The Donut is actively seeking corporate sponsors. Advertising, product reviews, spokesperson relationships, and contextual content, among other ideas, will be considered for this type of relationship, and I am always open to creative thinking that leads to mutually beneficial relationships.
- Hole In The Donut does not accept guest posts, pay-per-post material, or SEO text link ads
- Video ads are accepted for the sidebar. The price is $200 per month, $500 per quarter, or $1,500 per year.
- If you have other advertising requests please contact me directly to discuss at email@example.com
All payments must be made through PayPal. All ads must be pre-approved, as well as the sites to which they point. Ads are not accepted for pharmaceutical products, tobacco, alcohol, pornography, gambling, or any other products and services deemed unsuitable for this family friendly site. Ads that pop-up, pop-under, fly out, or move across the face of the blog are not allowed and video ads must not start playing automatically when the site loads.